It’s been 10 years since Edthena was founded, and we can hardly believe it. That’s a whole decade of supporting educators and schools with video coaching, streamlined feedback, and professional learning.
We’ve certainly grown a lot since we first began as a paper-based prototype, and we’re excited about how far we’ve come as a research-informed and patented platform.
Want to learn more about what this milestone marks for us? Here are 10 stats about Edthena’s growth in the past 10 years and little more about each.
Teaching videos lead the way
- 5.1 million minutes of teaching. That’s teaching videos equal to more than 12,800 full school days.
- 327,000 conversations created. Uploading teaching videos is just the first step to collaboration. It’s sharing it with others that really counts.
- 1.8 million comments on teaching videos. Comments are pieces of valuable feedback given by peers and coaches, so teachers can reflect on their practice and get better.
- 31% moments tagged as strengths. Every comment on a teaching video can be tagged as a question, suggestion, strength, or note. Nearly one-third of all comments are tagged as strengths.
Meaningful collaboration and growth
- 12,000 groups created. By department, grade level, skill focus, or however else you collaborate in the real world, groups of teachers, coaches, and school leaders inside Edthena maximize feedback and professional development for shared learning needs.
- 2,600 – most videos in one group. With 15 group members, that’s 172 teaching videos per person in one year!
- 14,500 next-step goals. Feedback doesn’t mean much if it’s not channeled into next steps. Teachers use Edthena to create goals for themselves and measure progress.
We’re honored to have…
- 4 edtech honors awarded. We’ve won all the top awards in edtech, including:
- Top Product by District Administration
- Award of Excellence by Tech & Learning
- Best Professional Learning Platform by SIIA CODiE Awards
- Cool Tool by Edtech Digest
- 5 patents granted. Our Categorized and Tagged Video Annotation is one of a kind. It’s not just our opinion… we have the patents to prove it.
- 1 book published. We took what we knew about online learning to offline reading. Evidence of Practice is a book with 12 video-based strategies for facilitating educator professional development.
It’s been quite a decade. Here’s to another 10 years!